When you have trouble breastfeeding your newborn child, you could very well use the advice of an experienced and certified lactation consultant. An *IBCLC lactation consultant is an internationally acknowledged and certified breastfeeding expert.
When should you consult a lactation consultant?
- During the pregnancy, to prepare yourself for breastfeeding
- When starting to breastfeed
- When there is pain or other difficulties during breastfeeding
- When difficulties with milk production occur
- With restless babies
- When the mother or the babies have disorders
- With babies who are born pre-term
- Combining breastfeeding with a busy job
- When transitioning to other food
- All other (breast)feeding related questions
*international board-certified lactation consultant